Monday 10 September 2012

Good to be back...

Hey all

 

Reporting once again from the steaming and tropical Guyana, specifically from my hammock! I am back home and it is good to be back, as the eponymous post is thus named. Well, let's qualify that by saying it is weird and a little challenging to be back, but I am glad that I am. I have really missed the people so it was great being at the meeting on Sunday and seeing everyone, and sitting with my studies who had all prepared and had answers ready!

 

I have come back to the lovely news that we have six new ones joining the pioneer ranks - a mixture of ages and one brother. There are also a few who are doing their questions for the circuit assembly this weekend, including two deaf from our sister group, tho I won't give details yet until it has actually happened. So, it is a very nice atmosphere to come back to and a very encouraging one after pioneer school. One last piece of good news is that one of my deaf studies has a common-law wife and it has been a huge obstacle for his progression. She is hearing but a strict Hindu and has no interest in the witnesses. It has been really hard with the deaf one as he really can't move forward until the situation is 'resolved' one way or the other. Well, I heard that she has accepted a study which started on Saturday! So watch this space.

 

This week is a hive of activity. We have circuit assembly this weekend, so Wednesday we have rehearsals, Thursday set up, Friday pioneer meeting and then the weekend - phew! I had wanted to arrive and get stuck into the ministry, but will have to put that on hold for this week, as I have to sort out a lot of the back work for the interpreting and tech teams. We have two new brothers coming across from the states for five weeks, one for sign and one for English, arriving tomorrow, so that is nice news and should be a boost too.

 

So, look out for more news and reports coming soon.

 

Reporting from Skeldon, Guyana for the BBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment