Friday 7 September 2012

Farewell Dear Friend...

I speak of course to Tobago! Today is my final day and as I sit here and try to find my flight details, I feel whimsical and have been impelled to share some more delights from this fair isle.

Yesterday I was able to get a car to drive around the island - thrown in as part of my accommodation fee (sweet!) - and made full use of it! I managed to drive around the whole island in about 8 hours and ticked off most of the sights and sites that are listed in the guidebook.

I must say, I am glad I stayed on the north-side of the island: it is the caribbean side, as opposed to the Atlantic side. The winds are less and the beaches are far more beautiful, with much calmer water. It is a sad thing that to be honest, there are so many beaches and bays on Tobago that they all kind of began to look like one another and my pictures all kind of look like each other after a while. That said, cant say enough about this place!

In sympathy for those in fairer climes, here are a few more photos to whet your appetite for your next jaunt, wherever that may be.













No comments:

Post a Comment