Sunday 21 October 2012

I'm hungry...

I have just got back from the meeting (123 in attendance! Wow) and am hungry!

I must say lunch is the thing I struggle most with here in Guyana, in terms of food that is. Ha. There are other challenges that exceed this, but on a day-to-day basis, lunch is such a pain. You would think that after a year and a few months of this, I would have developed some sort of system, but alas no.

I used to make extra for dinner and save for lunch, but got out of that habit when a teenager started frequenting and eating what was left in the pot on a daily basis. The girls downstairs used to always do big cook ups so I could steal from them, but now there is just one of them down there so it is a no-go area.

In a land of blackouts that last whole days, it is hard to gather enough food to always have something in the fridge, whilst not having too much that it wastes away during a blackout or two.

So, here I sit on a Sunday afternoon after meeting, with a hungry belly and a lamenting heart. Oh for a marks and Spencer's!

No comments:

Post a Comment