Friday 19 October 2012

He who persists...

I'm not sure of the rest of that statement, but yesterday I felt like someone blessed for doing so.

I have a study called Vishal who is a great young deaf lad here, 15 years of age. He used to study and attend meetings regularly but recently has dropped off due to his now working late hours and generally being a teenager. He has so much potential - he was almost a publisher for a while - but I just haven't been able to get him to come to meetings.

The other day I thought enough is enough. I visit him three times a week - one study and two meeting prep discussions - but with him not attending the meetings, I can spend my time better by visiting others. So, I told him so. Well, it was obviously enough to get him moving. He came early to the meeting last night, answered several times in the book study and told me after how he wants to answer six times on Sunday! He even apologized about wasting my money to come and see him for studies, so he wants to come to mine this week to save me money!

It was such a nice meeting last night. Denzel, one of my young studies, had his second bible reading and did a sterling job. His heart was racing before but he got through with gold stars!

Today, I'm tired! Have come home early to get out of the sun and have some well needed hammock time. Almost done my hours for the month, so deserve some feet-up and chillaxing.

Vishal
Denzel before his talk
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment