Thursday 29 August 2013

From spiritual to Spiritual...

So, to continue...

After all that exultation and loveliness, it was on the more spiritual stuff.

With Matt and Rachel being temp Bethelites, they could wangle a lunch spot and a behind the scenes tour of Patterson. Well, I was not happy at all:

1. You do not have to wear a tie at lunch!!! What!!! In Guyana I am not allowed to wear odd-socks, must wear a suit, some places still adhere to the white shirt rubbish, and yet... in Patterson... they DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR A TIE at lunch!!!
2. Now, to help right-hearted people that expect people to wearing ties and are thus suffering from shock, one would expect some coffee at lunch - NO COFFEE!!! I was aghast. Literally, a-gh-ast.

We met some lovely people - Levi in text processing, Warren in the art department, Andrew in Audio Visual (who works on Caleb!!!) and Andrew and Peter in Sign Language. Everyone was so kind and gracious and upbuilding to myself and M+R. (forgive the formatting and placement of the pictures)


My new best friend
There's your contributions at work people!



This is how they dress him!

The many faces of the family 

How they make him jump
New album recorded


Saw the original - love this













































On Tuesday, I was invited to lunch by a couple who are in Translation Services. I met them on Friday with M+R, at their apartment, and they are two of the most lovely people you would be able to meet. They were so interested in M+R and their experiences (note to self: get new stories) and really encouraging for me to continue in Guyana. They patiently listened to my frustrations with the language and the field in Guyana and gave some excellent advice. It is good to know that my feelings are not new and are at least in line with the governing body's wishes. It is just up to me to be patient.

The area around Bethel is amazing - lots of cafes and grocery stores and the river is beautiful. The rooftop culture here is awesome (forgive the American hyperbole). The Bethel residences have rooftops gardens and pizza and salads have been plentiful over the last week.

I call this: 'Sun behind a big building in Jersey'

Massive pizza on the top of Towers, a bethel residence

Another bridge / sun picture... part of my bridge / sunshine series

The lights

Heavily edited photo ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment