Thursday 28 November 2013

A bit of a throwback post...

So, life has been a bit hectic and, as I said in my last post, I am in Qatar right now doing some work.

Before I can tell you about Qatar though, I have to finish off the America trip! Sorry for anyone that is not interested, I shall keep it brief and just throw loads of pics up!

The last time we spoke I was in Washington and was bemoaning the fact that I did not really get to see much. Well, that was the tone for most of the trip really, it being a work trip and all. Thankfully, in each of the places I did manage to escape either on my own or with others and see some of the tourist sites that would have been criminal to miss. Read on!




I loved this building - did you know there is not 'front' to the Capitol? So as not to offend any of the other states, they made four fronts, so no-one was shown the back!

The Shakespeare Museum - these were some frescos that run around the outside of the building. Awesome - sadly as I was walking around on a Sunday evening, it was shut. I was really gutted

White House - so not impressive! The building next door (can't remember the name) was so much more stately. 

Awesome to see this, shame about the thousands of tourists that were there too! How rude of them.

I don't think the 'Dream' was to be trampled on by so many feet. It was a shame actually as no-one really acknowledged this was here as they ran towards Lincoln.

My Final Nights in NYC - we stayed in the Trump Towers in UWS with the remaining pennies! lol. So over-rated, but nice for the scrapbook. This was the view from the living room window!
For the third time in my life I got to ride the Maid of the Mist! Awesome sight



Miss these guys - Ryan and his wife are quite well known in the ASL community and were so welcoming and lovely to me. Matt and Rachel are stars and will one day move to Guyana to join me (I know you are reading this!)

I got a little bonus and so decided to treat these lovely two to a bottle of fizz - they just got extended to the Tuxedo project for a year! How exciting...

Heading home!


This is who greeted me on my return!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment