Wednesday 11 September 2013

You know those days when you should not have gotten out of bed...

Well today is one of them!

Today was the end to the New York leg of our trip and it is on to Washington... Well, to be honest, I should have just stayed in bed. I am writing this on the train heading to Washington, well, that was the original idea.... I'll explain from the start.

I woke up this morning feeling okay and ready for the challenge that is the logistics of getting my client and I over to Penn station and out to Washington. We hadn't heard yet from the current apartment owners as what to do with the keys when leaving and we hadn't heard from the ones in Washington as how to check in... Ho hum. Along with this, I wasn't feeling the best, probably due to the ice cream I had last night - why do I do it eh?

Well, the universe is punishing me. We started off and my client wasn't happy about having to navigate the subway with our bags, so as a cab (not the cool yellow ones, rather the smelly one with the Latino driver who has his pillow and duvet on the front seat) passed, I gave the universal nod and negotiated a price.

Within a few minutes (after having to explain WHAT AND WHERE Penn station is) we are winging our way. Suddenly, I get a massive wave of nausea and spend the next 40 mins trying not to throw up. We got to Pret, I threw up, drank some water, threw up, got to Penn, threw up! Oh no! Where is my hat! (Yes readers, my glorious that I bought on my first week in New York) - in the taxi! Argh!
We get in the train despite my sweats and delirium and we are off. Oh, my phone has fallen down and slipped to the seat in front. I get up - catch my trousers (my beautiful cords I wear constantly) on the arm-rest-metal-stupid-thing and rip a massive, and I mean massive hole in my trouser leg across my thigh! Excellent.

As I am lamenting this, we get an announcement - the train in front has derailed and ripped through the electric pylons along the track so there is an emergency crew trying to move it and re-establish electricity tot the track. Until that is done, we are going to have to stop in Philadelphia and await further instructions...

Today is not going well...






No comments:

Post a Comment