Friday 30 November 2012

My last post for today...


After delighting you all with recent photographs, I thought, "enough of this loveliness and Guyana fancy. Why not have a break for a change and give the Guyanese something to look at"... So, for reasons of parity and fairness to all, I am changing the focus of this blog from GUYANA to the UK!!! 

That's right peeps - I am finally following through on my threat and am coming home. I have a few false starts on making this happen, but tickets are booked and bags... well, they are still empty, but you know what I mean.

I leave these fair shores on Tuesday, to have a week in Trinidad with my friends who hosted me for pioneer school (I know you read this Che and Nats - get cooking!) and then Dec 12 I arrive in the arctic and foreboding Gatwick airport. I am in London / Scotland / Wales (sorry Ireland, not you) and back to London until Jan 7. Then I am yo-yo'ing back to Guyana to continue with my adventures.

I am sure I won't get to see all of you in the short time I have, but I hope you know it is not intentional. It is so over-whelming thinking about coming home and seeing everyone. I can't believe it has been a year and a half - the bets were on for a return within two months! I have had some amazing experiences and am sure Jehovah has many more for me to revel in. But, it is definitely time to come home and take stock, have some mulled wine and bask in the best season on the calendar - WINTER (not the pagan festival that goes with it... naughty!!! ;) Tho Matt Humps has promised me some traditional fare in the form of cooked meats and pigs in blankets!). 

I can't wait to walk the Embankment with a mulled wine in my hand, walking around the tree in Covent Garden, taking a stroll on the Heath and having a touristy pic outside of the Science Museum and the V&A. Big jumpers, scarves, Indian curry, some good wine and some even better hours spent with long-not-seen friends. Fish, dim sum, SOUP (oh how I have missed SOUP), slow cooked lamb (actually, cook it quick and get it in my stomach), TELEVISION!!!, did I mention Indian curry!?!?!

Watch out Londondinium, your child is returning...

No comments:

Post a Comment