Wednesday 28 November 2012

Essequibo...

Hi All

It has been a long time since my last post, or so it feels. Things have been very busy indeed. I was invited back to the north of the country - to Essequibo - and the delightful Charity. They were having their two day assembly and needed help organising and delivering sign language interpreting. I jumped at the chance to go, as it is a beautiful area, on the Pomeroon river, at the mouth of the interior and literally the other end of coast to my home, Skeldon.

So, myself and a team of brothers and sisters from Skeldon and Georgetown headed over to Charity. I stayed for what ended up being two weeks, whilst others came for just the weekend. Here are some highlights (I have to break this into two posts, I fear, else the post will be too heavy).

My adventure began with this! MMMM - I ate them all - kinda like mini-burgers

Charity is so different to Skeldon. People really take care of their house lot - so lovely

Charity is on the mouth of the Pomeroon, so we got to go river witnessing! So cool.

You just pull up to the jetty and yell 'INSIDE', like we do with the normal ministry.

More to come in the next post...

1 comment:

  1. INNNSSSIIIIIDDDEEEEE yeah I took to that straight away....lovely pics. Can't believe you are home soon, make sure you get nice and skinny before you come so we can fatten you up again!

    ReplyDelete