Tuesday 7 February 2012

Come see the iguana!

This was what met me in arriving at a study's house yesterday. His little brother came out to meet me all excited about the iguana his daddy had caught. When I asked to see them, I was led through to the kitchen and shown a pot - it seems they eat iguana here and it is a delicacy!



Despite my frantic efforts, I was made to eat iguana curry and rice...Mmm. Sitting on the bench outside their house, I forced this curry down my throat whilst the family regarded a five foot snake that someone just found and killed and was parading. The iguana was bony and had hardly any meat, it even still had bits of green skin on that i was supposed to eat also! I must say, not one of my favorites from this land of Guyana.

Short note of apology for the recent 'chunks' of blogging. My iPad (yes!) doesn't like me composing offline and then pasting in, as it seems to lose its formatting markup. Will try to remedy this post haste.

Love you all.x

No comments:

Post a Comment