Thursday 13 October 2011

Swetty Betty Serengeti Spaghetti

WHY IS IT SOOOOOOO HOT HERE?

Tonight was interpreting at the meeting and was horrified to see that when I took my jacket off, I had sweat patches on my elbows! How does that happen? And then when I sat down, I got patches on my knees! This place is not pleasant! Even now as I sit at my friend's writing this, my hair is dripping with sweat - why, oh why?

In other news, I cut my hair myself today! Yes, after spending so much money for the last few years (excluding the short back and sides dolled out in Bethel) on haircuts, I have finally realised how much I was ripped off. I even cut my hair today without a mirror for the most part. Admittedly, my hair is a little wonky at the back, but it all adds character me thinks. Despite the hair being lopped off, it did not prevent the sweat episode detailed above.

Lastly, Jo asked me to post something a little less heavy and a bit more jocular. So, I thought I would tell you about a regular sight here of dogs that seem to be siamese. Yes, they look much like the 'push-me-pull-me's' from Doctor Doolittle, but dog-type: they are the body of a dog pointing one way with a head, and then they have four legs at the rear, and then a dog shape pointing the other way. After being amazed by this mutation of nature and asking how often this happens, people broke it to me that in actual fact they are indeed two dogs, post-coital! They do 'it', as dogs do, but then they find that they are stuck, so they spend a day or so struggling around joined at the 'bits'. They twist around and try to un-join, which just makes it worse and more hilarious to see. I guess that makes more sense than a new breed of conjoined dog freaks. I shall try to get a picture so you can all enjoy the varied delights of the wildlife of Guyana. Oh, and I saw a humungous snake eating a massive bird whole the other day. Need to start taking my camera out more.

Tara.x

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! Jocular? Have to look that one up. But I do know about sweaty elbows and knees. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE ARE THE UPDATES?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete