Monday 18 March 2013

Today's little bit of trivia

I have been living in my apartment now for a year or so, definitely over a year. I love it here - it is on the third floor of a building and has no walls! So it is open plan and has a constant breeze coming off the river in front.

Today, something seminal occurred. When I moved in all that time ago, I took possession of a used stove with a used propane gas bottle. I am not sure how 'used' it was, but definitely it was not new. Now, most people replace these every four months or so, with regular use. If you cook lots of soups and things like dhal then every two months.

Well people, ready yourselves, mine ran out last night for the FIRST TIME - that's right, it lasted a year. Now, I cook everyday, make coffee with boiled water and all such regular pursuits, yet mine lasted a year.

I have always taken pride that perhaps a biblical miracle was taking place, whereby my jars were being refilled due to my faithfulness. I just wish it worked with the rum bottles.

So, a milestone has passed. 

Interesting eh... Yes, it is my day off and nothing has happened so far. Am waiting for juice man to come by on his bike so I can buy breakfast and fresh cherry juice from him. So, just swinging in my hammock...

Wow, nothing happens here...

Oh, nice scripture : isaiah 53:4,5 - can I now count my time?

;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks,
    I needed a good laugh today.
    Andy Tickell

    ReplyDelete
  2. But David....have you actually cleaned it?! (run Jo run....)

    ReplyDelete